My Shopping List
Maple Pecan Sweet Potato Quick Bread
Courtesy of North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 60 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
+ 3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
+ 2 tsp. baking powder
+ 1/2 tsp. baking soda
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
+ 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
+ 1 c. sweet potatoes, cooked, cooled and mashed
+ 1/2 c. pure maple syrup
+ 2 large eggs, at room temperature
+ 1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
+ 1/4 c. milk, at room temperature
+ 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
+ 3/4 c. chopped pecans
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the sweet potatoes, maple syrup, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla.
3. Mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, soda, spices and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add the sweetpotato mixture and stir just to combine. Stir in the pecans.
4. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 min. or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
6. Remove the pan to a wire rack. Cool for 10 min. before removing the bread from the pan; finish cooling on the rack. Store the completely cooled bread in an airtight container at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator. Allow the bread to reach room temperature before serving. This bread freezes well.
Makes 1 loaf: 10 - 14 slices.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories 250kcal Vitamin A 4,188 IU
Protein 4 gm Potassium 166 mg
Fat 8 gm Sodium 213 mg
Carbohydrates 40 gm Vitamin C 4.1 mg
Calcium 78 mg Cholesterol 40 mg
Phosphorus 76 mg Dietary Fiber 1.5 gm
Iron 1.6 mg
Total Saturated Fat 2.8 gm
Calories: 250; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 41mg; Total Carbs: 40g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 213mg;