American Pride Pork Chop
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops, 1-in. thick
+ 2 tsp. brown sugar
+ 1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
+ 1/2 tsp. black pepper, coarse ground
+ 1/2 tsp. allspice
+ 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
What to do:
1. Combine the brown sugar, salt, pepper, allspice and thyme leaves in a small bowl. Rub both sides of pork chops with herb mixture. Let stand 15-30 min. Discard any remaining herb mixture.
2. Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Pat pork chops dry while being careful not to remove the rub. Grill chops, over direct heat, turning once, to medium rare doneness about 4-5 min. per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F, followed by a 3-min. rest time.
* Insert the meat thermometer into the pork chops horizontally to get an accurate reading.
* Serve with potato salad, corn on the cob, and Traditional Slow -Cooked Baked Beans.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 160; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 55mg; Total Carbs: 3g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 770mg;