My Shopping List
Pink Grapefruit Guacamole
Courtesy of California Avocado Commission
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 ripe Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled
+ 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
+ 1 medium sweet pink grapefruit, halved
+ 1/2 medium jalapeño, seeded and diced
+ 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
+ 1/2 tsp. cumin (comino)
+ 1 Tbsp. cilantro leaves, chopped
What to do:
1. Place the avocado in a bowl and sprinkle with kosher salt.
2. Squeeze the juice from one grapefruit half over the avocado.
3. Mash the avocado and grapefruit juice, until chunky-smooth (or to your textural preference). Set aside.
4. Remove the meat from both halves of the grapefruit in whichever way is easiest for you. I prefer to cut them into quarters and cut the meat out of each quarter and then chop it.
5. Cut the grapefruit meat with a small knife and add it to the avocado mixture. Add the jalapeño and onion to the avocado mixture.
6. Top with cumin and cilantro and mix. Serve.
Note: Make sure the grapefruit is sweet, and this guacamole will wow your friends and family with its unexpected flavor.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Recipe by Rachel Matthews of www.asouthernfairytale.com for the California Avocado Commission.