My Shopping List
Courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. rice flour
+ 1 1/2 c. tapioca starch
+ 2 Tbsp. sugar
+ 1 Tbsp. xanthan gum
+ 1 Tbsp. dry yeast
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 1 large egg
+ 2 Tbsp. oil
+ 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
+ 1 1/3 c. very warm milk
+ vegetable oil
What to do:
1. Combine rice flour, tapioca starch, sugar, yeast, xanthan, and salt in a heavy-duty mixer.
2. Mix in egg, oil, vinegar and milk. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes to increase air volume in the dough.
3. Heat about 1/4-1/2 inch of oil in a large frying pan.
4. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough into hot oil.
5. Cook briefly, then flip each scone and press down with back of spatula to flatten scone. Cook and flip once more till both sides of scone are golden brown.
6. Serve topped with chili and cheese for Navajo Tacos. Or top with honey, jam or deli cold cuts.
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance.