My Shopping List
Courtesy of Mission Foods
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 each Mission® Artisan Corn & Whole Wheat Blend Tortillas
+ 8 oz. sirloin steak, chopped into 1- x 1/4-in. pieces
+ 1/2 c. Teriyaki marinade, bottled
+ 1/2 c. cucumber, grated
+ 1/2 c. carrots, shredded
+ 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
+ 1/2 tsp. black sesame seeds
+ 1 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
+ 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
+ 1/2 tsp. honey
+ to taste salt and pepper
+ 1/4 c. green onion, sliced
What to do:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine chopped steak and teriyaki marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the ginger, sesame seeds, orange juice, soy sauce and honey. Add the grated cucumber and shredded carrots to the bowl and toss gently. Season the slaw with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble tacos.
3. Heat a skillet on medium high heat until hot. Add chopped steak, along with the marinade and sauté until cooked through, about 10 min., stirring occasionally.
4. To assemble the tacos, place 1/4 c. of the cucumber and carrot slaw in each tortilla. Top with 2 oz. of the hot Teriyaki steak and sprinkle with sliced green onions. Repeat and enjoy.
1. This recipe serves two, but could easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger group.
2. Bring extra crunch and texture to these tacos with the addition of crispy Asian noodles, such as chow Mein or rice noodles.
Calories: 480; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 60mg; Total Carbs: 42g; Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 42g; Sodium: 1960mg;