My Shopping List
Taco Beef Nuggets with Tejano Dipping Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef (95% lean)
+ 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
+ 1 can (4 oz.) chopped mild green chilies, drained
+ 16 cubes colby-Jack cheese (1/2-in.)
+ 1 egg white
+ 1 Tbsp. water
+ 2 c. crushed nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
+ 6 Tbsp. prepared thick taco sauce
+ 3 Tbsp. honey
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Combine ground beef, taco seasoning and green chilies in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Divide beef mixture into 16 portions; shape each portion around a cheese cube, completely covering cheese.
2. Beat egg white with water in shallow dish until blended. Place chips in second shallow dish. Dip each meatball into egg white mixture, then into chips to coat completely. Press each meatball with palm into a flattened nugget shape, generously coating both sides of nugget with chips.
3. Spray large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place nuggets in baking pan; spray tops of nuggets generously with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 15-20 min.
4. Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients in small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Serve nuggets with sauce.
* Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 516; Total Fat: 27g; Saturated Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 96mg; Total Carbs: 37g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 872mg;