My Shopping List
Garlic-Ginger Beef & Noodle Soup
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-in. thick
+ 2 Tbsp. minced garlic, divided
+ 3 tsp. minced fresh ginger, divided
+ 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
+ 4 c. reduced-sodium beef broth
+ 4 oz. uncooked thin spaghetti or rice noodles, broken into thirds
+ 1 pkg. (12-16 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
+ 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce (optional)
What to do:
1. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-in. thick strips. Combine 1 Tbsp. garlic, 2 tsp. ginger, sesame oil and beef in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerate 30 min. to 2 hr.
2. Combine broth, remaining 1 Tbsp. garlic and remaining 1 tsp. ginger in stockpot; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and vegetables; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, 4-6 min. or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1-3 min. or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Keep warm.
4. Remove soup from heat; stir in beef and soy sauce, if desired.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 357; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 29g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 33g; Sodium: 511mg;