My Shopping List
Parmesan-Crusted Cubed Steaks with Zucchini Ribbons
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 25 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 beef cubed steaks (about 4 oz. each)
+ 3 medium zucchini
+ 1/3 c. water
+ 2/3 c. seasoned dry bread crumbs
+ 2/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
+ 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
What to do:
1. Pull vegetable peeler lengthwise along zucchini to create thin ribbons, rotating zucchini after every 4 -6 ribbons to keep slices uniform. Set aside.
2. Pour water in shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs and 1/3 c. cheese in second shallow dish. Dip each beef steak into water, then into bread crumb mixture turning to coat both sides.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Place 2 steaks in skillet; cook 5-6 min. to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning once. Remove steaks; keep warm. Repeat with 1 Tbsp. oil and remaining steaks, adjusting heat as necessary to avoid over browning.
4. Carefully wipe out skillet with paper towels. Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add zucchini; cook and stir 1-2 min. or until just tender. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss with remaining 1/3 c. cheese; serve with steaks.
* Cook's Tip: For best results, use the seedless portion of the zucchini for making ribbons.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 417; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Total Carbs: 19g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 35g; Sodium: 626mg;