My Shopping List
Baked Chipotle Chicken Flautas
Courtesy of Mission Foods
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 10 Mission® Small/Fajita Flour Tortillas
+ 2 c. diced cooked chicken breast meat
+ 1 (10) oz can of reduced fat and sodium cream of chicken soup
+ 1/3 c. reduced fat sour cream
+ 1 (4) oz can of diced green chile peppers, undrained
+ 1 tsp. ground chipotle pepper
+ 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin
+ 1/2 tsp. of ground coriander
+ 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
+ 2 tsp. canola oil mixed with 1/2 tsp. of ground chipotle pepper
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Mix all above ingredients (except flour tortillas, canola oil, and ground chipotle pepper) in a medium size saucepan. Heat over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat.
3. Place about 3 tablespoons of the chicken filling along the edge of a tortilla. Roll the tortilla up more tight than loose. Put a toothpick through the middle of the flauta to hold in place. Place on a sprayed large baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
4. In a small bowl mix together the canola oil and ground chipotle pepper.
5. Lightly brush the flautas with the oil mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool.
6. Remove toothpicks, slice each flautas on the diagonal. Transfer on your favorite fiesta platter, sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro, serve with low fat sour cream and salsa.