My Shopping List
At the Movies Chocolate-Covered Raisin Cookies
Courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
+ 1/3 c. light brown sugar
+ 1 tsp. vanilla extract
+ 1 c. all-purpose flour
+ 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
+ pinch of salt
+ 1/4 c. whipping cream
+ 1/2 c. bittersweet or dark chocolate
+ 1/2 c. chopped California Fiesta or Flame raisins
+ 1/4 c. chopped pecans
+ 1/4 c. powdered sugar
+ 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
+ 1 Tbsp. whipping cream
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Using electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
2. In separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and salt; mix together and add to creamed mixture, one Tbsp. at a time. Continue mixing until dough comes together and shape into ball.
3. Shape into 1-in. balls, about 2 tsp. each. Arrange one ball in each cup of mini muffin pan(s). With your fingers and a dab of water, if necessary, press dough evenly on bottom and up sides of muffin cup to form a well. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 min. or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, gently heat whipping cream to simmer. Remove from heat; add chocolate chips and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in chopped raisins; mix together well. Set aside.
5. Measure powdered sugar, vanilla and whipping cream for glaze into small bowl; beat together until smooth. Remove cookies from muffin tins and arrange on parchment or wax paper. Divide and spoon filling into well of each cookie. Sprinkle chopped pecans over all and drizzle with glaze. Store cookies in an air tight container for up to a week.
* Recipe by By Holly St. Meyers, Fifth Place, 2011 Pastry Chicago Amateur/Student Cookie Competition. Better than anything you can get at the movies!
* Visit www.loveyourraisins.com/recipes/ for more raisin recipes!
Calories: 120; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 0g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 4g;