My Shopping List
Beefy Pastry Pie
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-1/2 lb. ground beef (96% lean)
+ 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-oz. pkg.)
+ 1-1/4 c. shredded carrots
+ 1-1/4 c. shredded russet potatoes
+ 3/4 c. shredded onion
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. pepper
+ 1 egg, beaten
+ ketchup or beef gravy (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine ground beef, carrots, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Divide mixture evenly into six 8-oz. ovenproof ramekins or bowls, packing mixture down evenly. Set aside.
2. Unfold pie crust on flat surface, pressing out fold lines with fingers. Cut crust evenly into six circles, about 3-3/4 in. in diameter. Place crust over each ramekin allowing edges to drape over ramekin rim; crimping edges to seal. Cut three slits in crust to vent; brush top with egg.
3. Place ramekins on lined baking sheet. Bake in 400°F oven 30-35 min., until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F and crust is golden brown.
4. Let stand 5 min. before serving. Serve with ketchup or gravy, if desired.
* Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 362; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 96mg; Total Carbs: 31g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 634mg;